This is going to be a quick one because I'm just about to leave and head down south for a small break, so all done in advanced! I've just packed my bags yesterday and makeup and skincare always takes up most of my time because I just want to bring...everything. Well, thankfully I didn't and because of my subscription to GlossyBox, I now have a lot of sample sized items (plus getting samples from shopping/browsing around) or small full-sized items to bring along with me. Here is what I've packed - I've swapped a couple things out last minute just before leaving though and will make a note of it in a sec!
- Simple Eye & Lip remover
- Simple Cleansing Oil (removes makeup, I will also use as first step cleanser)
- Himalaya Herbals face wash (from GlossyBox)
- Olivarriet Toner & Samples: Cosmetic Jolse has kindly sent me the Olivarriet toner and some samples to try out and review so I've brought them with me this time. I have no travel-sized toner anyway, so my toners has always been a large bottle!
- Gangbly cleansing water: my absolute favourite cleansing water but I have swapped this out for a smaller sized Garnier micellar water instead. Only used for simple cleansing in the morning
- 111Skin Eye Concentrate
- Nip + Fab Moisture Fix (Moisturiser)
- Caudalie Moisturising Sorbet: because just one moisturiser might not be enough
- Guerisson Moisturiser (sample): this horse oil moisturiser is the one I've been using for a while and really loving it! Horse oil has always worked well on my skin even during the summer (use less of it)
Notice there isn't a serum in here this time and normally I would bring my The Ordinary Hylauronic Acid, but I will be trying the 7 skin method with this new toner instead and see how it goes
When travelling, I find it hard to pack makeup because, again, I just want to bring everything. Like, everything. Having staples really help cut down the number you need/want to bring though and packing makeup this time hasn't been too difficult. Plus I've made my own custom cushion foundation, which I learnt how to from Gothamista - I sound like a creep but I love all the content she creates and her. She has ridiculously flawless skin too!
- Sunscreen: because the sun is harmful to the skin and ages it. Always wear sunscreen, people. If there is an oily layer after application, grab a piece of tissue and dab and you should be fine, or gently powder on top first before foundation
- Custom cushion foundation: for tutorial from Gothamista, click here. I will also blog about what I did for this cushion in a couple of weeks though so keep your eyes peeled if you're interested! This is a great way to put skincare in your makeup and combine all in an easy peasy compact to bring along with you
- Sport FX brow pencil: comes with that brow brush so no extra brushes needed!
- Eyeshadows: Mehron (blue), Gosh (green), theBalm (brown). Not particularly conventional colours but I am feeling adventurous and will be trying these. They are actually very wearable colours!
- Ruby blush (coral): also doubles up as an eyeshadow. I've worn it like so before
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer: one of drugstore best. I'd bring my cream ones, but they seemed too heavy so I'm sticking with these ones
- Manna GLO Illuminator: very pink, doubles up as a blush too
- Shiseido eyelash curler: don't go anywhere without this baby
- Lip tint in Red
- Clinique Chubby Stick in a natural pink
- Too Faced Mascara
- MacQueen liquid liner: only my absolute favourite
- Beauty People Gel Eyeliners: all of them 'cause I can use all of them
- MUA loose powder
I've added a NYX Setting/fixing spray last minute to set the makeup and keep the skin mattified during summer.
And there you have it! My travel companions this time. What do you like to travel with? Do you travel with different products every time? What do you recommend? Do you bring more/less with you?