This week, I bring to you an intro to Mask Subscription. You heard me - subscription for masks! This Be Mine Valentine's special box was gifted to me by the lovely team at Mask Time! I was so excited to receive this box because, well, you know how much I love masks.
So what is this?
If you have ever subscribed to Glossybox (like I did) or Birchbox, you will be familiar with beauty subscriptions. You pay a subscription fee and they send you curated products every month for you to try out. This is no different to these boxes, only it is exclusive to sheet masks, so if you are mask lover like me, you will love trying on different masks that Mask Time curates every month!
Mask Time is newly launched this year but they already have many brands on board, curating some really nice masks in each box. I am really pleased to see that the box contained nothing that I have tried before, and every mask is treat for myself. Skin care and masking in particular is my way of reminding myself that despite current circumstances, I am still taking care of myself.
Let's cut to the chase, how much is it and what do you get? My box was a special event box and you can buy this one-off. A normal subscription is £24.99, containing 8-10 Mask Time lovingly created masks and sometimes a bonus item. It is free shipping within the UK (for other countries, please check their shipping costs).
Mask Time is clear about their pricing on their website. They also have individual masks available on their shop if you prefer to shop rather than subscribe. However they don't always have what is in the box available in their store; you can always reach out to Mask Time who have been amazing in coming back to me with answers to inquiries.
If you prefer to buy a previous one-off box, they are also listed on the site, available for purchase but at a higher price than if you were to subscribe.
If I have you already, they have a discount code for your first order!
Here's what I like about them:
- 1. good variety of masks in one box: if you're like me and like to explore or you like to try before you buy, especially more expensive masks, then this is a good time for you to do that. Whilst it's hard to tell whether a mask is good on the first try, I find that when masks work really well for me, they tend to work well in the first go.
- Minimal packaging: Let's face it, masks aren't bulky and this packaging makes it so much easier to store. Not that I don't appreciate the 1 million glossyboxes I have, but they can take up space and they stuff so much paper into it for a few products
- Gorgeous illustration: It's really weird, this is one of my favourite things about the box! The little instructions/card in there is so well produced with thoughtful illustration. Just makes me appreciate the effort that goes into it, and who doesn't like pretty pictures? The card themselves are quite informative too and gives you a good overview of what each product does
- You will use it all up: If you're not into waste and have products hanging around all the time, especially skin care, this is a no-brainer. You will use up 10 masks a month if you mask 2 times a week (I would do it everyday if I have the time for it!). This means you don't have lingering products just hanging around in your bathroom. These are great for travel as well as it's flat and stores well. At the end of the month, just throw away all the rubbish and start fresh!
- Asian skincare: need I say more?
I have to say that this is more on a pricier side, so you may need a bit more time to consider this subscription. If you don't mask often but want to, then this would be great because you won't be needing to order in boxes (I order boxes of 10) just to have it sit there, with the variety. Then when you move on to decide you want multiple of certain masks, you can then look for it.
Mask Time is still new, but I definitely would like to see them offer individual masks from the boxes on their shop, perhaps after the boxes have been shipped/the following month. I'd also love to see them having deals on boxes/multiple masks too because then you can get it all at the same place. If you are in the UK, it's free shipping on orders over £30.
I haven't tried all the masks in this box yet (saving them!), but am really enjoying the 2 I have tried so far.
Have you tried this box? Would you subscribe to a mask subscription product? Let me know your thoughts :)